Romance on the High Seas Tour and Scavenger Hunt Giveaway
ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS
SEVEN SWASHBUCKLING PIRATE ROMANCES BY
SEVEN PIRATE WENCHES:
PREPARE TO BE BOARDED.
If you love historical romance, pirates, adventure and thrills, you'll love this 7-book set by these award winning and best selling pirate romance authors!
The Pirate’s Debt by National Best-selling Author Katherine Bone:
An earl-turned pirate is ordered by his benefactor to find an adventurous young runaway and return her home.To do so, he must retrieve her without being discovered by the most ruthless pirate hunter on the seas: her brother.
Dead Man’s Kiss by Award Winning Author Jennifer Bray-Weber:
Eight weeks. That’s all pirate captain Valeryn Barone has to escort a tempting naturalist untouched across the Caribbean or face the gallows. Can he resist the beauty who’s fallen for him? Does a dead man walking even have a chance?
The Black Morass by USA Today Bestselling Author Barbara Devlin:
In exchange for a chance at redemption and pardons for his crew, Jean Marc Cavalier accepts a pact that could result in liberty or death, if only he can survive the terms, but at least he will be free.
Pirate Heiress by Award Winning Author Chloe Flowers:
Captain Conal O’Brien has already lost control of his ship to the most unlikely band of pirates sailing the seas. If he’s not careful, he’s going to lose his heart to a notorious lady pirate determined to destroy both.
My Lady Pirate by NYTimes Bestselling Author Danelle Harmon:
The sea delivers a handsome castaway to Pirate Queen Maeve Merrick’s island. But her handsome prisoner harbors secrets dark enough to change the fates of nations and threatens their new found love.
Captivated by the Captain by USA Today Bestselling Author Amanda Mariel:
What happens when an American shipping company heiress crosses paths with a pirate? Can two people whose life paths are at odds find common ground?
Carried Away by Kamery Solomon:
After falling through time and being forced to join a pirate crew, Mark Bell falls in love with his fellow time traveler, Samantha. She's a woman he can't have, though. Will their presence in the past alter the future they know and love?
National Bestselling Historical Romance Author Katherine Bone has been passionate about history since she had the opportunity to travel to various Army bases, castles, battlegrounds, and cathedrals as an Army brat turned Officer's Wife. Who knew that an Army wife's passion for romance novels would lead to pirates? Certainly not her rogue, whose Alma Mater's adage is "Go Army. Beat Navy!" Now enjoying the best of both worlds, Katherine lives with her rogue in the south where she writes about rogues, rebels and rakes, aka pirates, spies, the Royal Navy, and duty, honor, and country and the happily ever afters every alpha male and lady deserve.
As an Army wife raising four children, romance helped Katherine weather loneliness. Now she hopes to pay it forward, to ease readers’ burdens by taking them on a swashbuckling, adventurous voyage into historical romance and beyond.
A Parrothead at heart, Chloe’s love for pirates began with Peter Pan and continued with Pirates of the Caribbean and ghost stories about pirates from the Outer Banks. She listens to Celtic music while she writes. When life gets too serious, she reads Calvin and Hobbes comics. She lives in Ohio with her tall, dark and handsome husband, three children and two rambunctious dogs, Indiana and Luke, who are named after her two favorite action heroes.
Descended from a family of cooks and gourmet chefs, Chloe is a true foodie and along with working for fortune 500 companies in marketing and teaching MBA students strategic marketing, she also ran a gourmet cookie company. Cooking for a crowd runs in the blood, so her fridge is always full. She deals with stress by baking pies (just ask her college roommates what it was like for them around exam time).
Her idea of a perfect day? Sailing on the Caribbean with her family, sun in her face and wind at her back, and finishing the day in the kitchen making a fab gourmet meal and sipping a glass of wine.
The Pirates & Petticoats Series is about spunky heroines and the scoundrels who love them.
Award-winning author Jennifer Bray-Weber is a proud native Texan. She is a married domestic goddess/beach bum with two beautiful daughters. Holding two degrees, one is Music and Video Business, the other in Liberal Arts, she has been able to express her creative thinking through countless questionable, often hilarious, life experiences.
Her interests include writing, reading, traveling (what she likes to call "research"), horseback riding, scrapbooking, shopping, relaxing at the beach, and dares.
Join Jennifer's mailing list for sneak peeks, excerpts, and free giveaways.
USA Today bestselling, Amazon All-Star author Barbara Devlin was born a storyteller, but it was a weeklong vacation to Bethany Beach, DE that forever changed her life. The little house her parents rented had a collection of books by Kathleen Woodiwiss, which exposed Barbara to the world of romance, and Shanna remains a personal favorite. Barbara writes heartfelt historical romances that feature flawed heroes who may know how to seduce a woman but know nothing of marriage. And she prefers feisty but smart heroines who sometimes save the hero, before they find their happily ever after. Barbara earned an MA in English and continued a course of study for a Doctorate in Literature and Rhetoric. She happily considered herself an exceedingly eccentric English professor, until success in Indie publishing lured her into writing, full-time, featuring her fictional knighthood, the Brethren of the Coast.
First published in 1991, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Danelle Harmon has written sixteen books, with many distributed in various languages throughout the world. She and her family make their home in New England with a menagerie including four dogs, an Egyptian Arabian horse, and pet chickens.
USA Today Bestselling author Amanda Mariel dreams of days gone by when life moved at a slower pace. She enjoys taking pen to paper and exploring historical time periods through her imagination and the written word. When she is not writing she can be found reading, crocheting, traveling, practicing her photography skills, or spending time with her family.
Kamery is not the person who grew up dreaming of the day that she would clutch her very own novel to her chest, tears brimming over the rims of her eyes as she thought about how she'd written it herself, finally! In fact, anything remotely like that didn't even happen until she was actually holding her first book in her hand, amazed that she'd written it and wondering how on Earth she'd managed to do it when it hadn't ever occurred to her to write one until months before. Surprisingly, though, it was just what she never realized she loved doing.
When starting out in life, Kamery had (and still has) big dreams to perform on Broadway. She loves music and acting very much, while she and dance have a love/hate relationship; she would love to do it and every form of dance decides it hates that about her, haha! The one constant she always had between the performing world and the book world were the stories, tales that transported her to other worlds and made her feel like she really could do anything. Finally, she decided she wanted to do that for someone else and sat down to write.
It's been a few years since she held that first book, realizing that she really liked writing and wanted to do more, but the love that blossomed in that moment has only grown. Currently, Kamery works from home in Arizona, while taking care of her two adorable kids, a girl and a boy, and talking her sweet husband Jake's ear off about the insane amount of characters in her head who are ready to fight to the death for a chance at their own novels. It truly is a wonderful life!
An Interview with Authors from the Romance on the High Seas Box Set
- You are forced to live on a desert island for six months. Food and bare survival equipment will be provided but that is all. You can take one person and five items to relieve the boredom and enhance the experience. Who is the person and what are the items? Why? The person would be my husband, Chris. The five “items” would be our four German Shorthaired Pointer dogs and a massive pallet of dog food to keep them well fed! (NY Times and USA Today Author Danelle Harmon)
- Do you have a favorite pirate or nautical quote? Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea. ~Charles Cook (USA Today Bestselling Author Barbara Devlin)
- If you could meet any pirate, who would it be and why? Anne Bonny! She fascinates me. The daughter of a wealthy man, made to dress as a boy in her youth, wed to a sailor who she then abandoned for Calico Jack and the life of a pirate. What’s not to love! (USA Today Bestselling Author Amanda Mariel)
- If you could be a character in Pirates of the Caribbean, what or who would it be and why? Calypso! Only because my kids and I quote her with her Jamaican accent all the time. “What will him choose? Him heart?” and “It’s my nature.” Except you have to say it like this: Eets mah neeecha.” (Author Chloe Flowers)
- If you could sail back in time, where would you go? Would you live there or just visit for a while? I honestly have not a clue. There are so many things I would like to see and study, from Ancient Egypt, to Greece, to the American Colonies, to the Golden Age of Piracy. I want to see it all! I guess that means I would probably just visit, too, before I sailed off to the next point! (Author Kamery Solomon)
- Have you ever written naked? Can’t say that I have. But I totally would write naked if I thought it would make me a better, faster, more prolific writer. (Author Jennifer Bray-Weber)
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why? I’d have to bring Percival Avery, the Duke of Blendingham to life. He’s a duke by day and a pirate by night. You get the best of both worlds with Percy! But I could also achieve the same goal by bringing the Black Regent to life. Like the Dread Pirate Roberts, several heroes portray him. ;) (Author Katherine Bone)
It’s a Treasure Hunt!
Grand prize: Kindle Fire, carrying case, $20 Amazon gift card, wine charms, coasters, a Root candle, Pirate bandana, playing cards, autographed copies of pirate romances by the authors of the boxed set, and other booty! Valued at $175
Runner up Prize: Various signed books, $20 Amazon Gift Card and some nautical fun pirate booty!
To WIN THE GRAND PRIZE: Read the short 200 word story. One line of the story will be revealed on the Romance on the High Seas page on each blog on the tour. At the end of the tour, simply answer the question: “What started it all?”
Find links to all the blogs HERE!
Ahoy me treasure hunting hearties! Your treasure hunt word or phrase for this blog is:
(put your unique word or phrase here, found in the clues page sent with the media kit!)
Runner Up Prize!